Welcome to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center’s Laboratory Test Catalog
The site is provided by Mayo Medical Laboratories in partnership with SVMC.
Patients and providers count on the lab at SVMC to provide high-quality diagnostic services quickly and accurately. Leveraging technology and the skills and dedication of our staff, we make a positive impact on patient outcomes.
Our Laboratory pathologists and technicians work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for SVMC inpatients, the SVMC Emergency Department, the Southwestern Vermont Regional Cancer Center, recently discharged hospital patients, off-campus clinics, and patients whose doctors have requested lab tests.
Patients can access the lab directly at two draw stations:
On the SVMC Campus
100 Hospital Drive in Bennington
6 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
8:30 – 10:30 a.m. Saturdays
- Hoosick Fall Lab site
- 40 Main Street in Hoosick Falls.
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Our capabilities include hematology, chemistry, anatomical pathology, and microbiology. Services include diagnostic testing, collecting, and diagnosing blood samples and analysis of other specimens. Our department also includes a blood bank and a reference department.
SVMC’s lab team includes:
- A Medical Director, who oversees the lab.
- Phlebotomists, who perform daily blood draws and collect other lab specimens for testing.
- Two pathologists, medical doctors who work with physicians to diagnose disease by examining biopsies or bodily fluids and interpret medical laboratory tests to help prevent illness or monitor a chronic condition.
- Nearly 25 technologists, who assist physicians in effective diagnosis and monitoring of treatment regimens.
- Ancillary Staff, including prep technicians, administrative assistants, and transcriptionists, who work assisting with daily lab functions.
SVMC’s Lab adheres to the highest standards of quality and patient safety and is accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the New York State Department of Health.
For more information, call (802) 447-5150, or toll-free at 1 (800) 543-1624.
Our Northshire Campus Lab will draw blood by appointment, please call 1-802-362-4440 for an appointment.
Our Deerfield Valley Lab will draw blood by appointment, please call 1-802-464-3220 for an appointment.
Fax patient orders to 1-802-447-6240
To see a list of Department Numbers click here.
Southwestern Vermont Medical Center hosts blood drives with the American Red Cross throughout the year.
You can see our dates and schedule an appointment for the hospital's next drive by going to redcrossblood.org.
Southwestern Vermont Medical Center has helped collected many units of blood over the many years since hosting blood drives and also held memorial blood drives for past employees. Please schedule your appointment today.
140 Hospital Drive, Suite 102 | Bennington, VT 05201 | (802) 447-5213